Ways To Give
As followers of Christ, our desire to give is a deeply personal and spiritual decision. Fortunately,
there are a wide variety of giving options available through the Northern Michigan Catholic
Foundation to help you and your family meet your financial goals while making a difference in
the lives of others.
- Include us in your Will or Trust: Making a charitable bequest to NMCF—whether a gift of cash, property, or other assets—in your estate-planning document is a simple way to make a meaningful donation.
- Establish a Charitable Remainder Trust: You and a surviving spouse receive an income
stream for a term of years or for life, with the reassurance that whatever amount remains
will benefit your desired ministry in perpetuity.
- Create a Charitable Lead Trust: Interested in preserving an inheritance? Income accrued
by the trust is put into a charitable fund at NMCF for a designated number of years.
When the trust terminates, the remaining assets transfer to you or your heirs.
- Donate a portion of your Retirement Assets: Retirement assets such as your IRA, 401k, 403b, pension, or other tax-deferred plan are an excellent way to make a gift. All that’s required is that you name NMCF a beneficiary.
- Start a Charitable Gift Annuity: It’s a simple agreement in which you transfer cash, stocks, or appreciated property to NMCF in exchange for our promise to pay you a fixed lifetime income (with rates based on your age).
- Designate us as beneficiary of your Life Insurance: When you designate NMCF as your policy beneficiary, we receive the payout upon your death—and your estate benefits from an estate tax charitable deduction for the value of the gift.
- Consider a Life Estate: By making a future gift of your home, you can continue to live in
the home while enjoying a current income tax deduction. Upon your death, NMCF sells
the property and uses the proceeds to support the ministries you’ve identified.
- For those over the age of 70 1/2 years old, consider sending your annual required minimum required distribution directly to NMCF. (Up to $100,000 can be transferred directly to a charity without paying income tax)
- Make an outright cash gift: Donations to the NMCF general fund can go a long way towards preserving the long-term financial future of the Catholic causes you love so dearly.